JennyBrown recently unveiled a new toner

dubbed Royal Rose Floral Water

Toner is often a product that’s overlooked in a skin care routine. The reason for that is not fully clear, but we’d like to think it just boils down to a lack of knowledge on how the product can really help your skin. Because let’s face it—if you really knew the benefits of toner, you wouldn’t want to skip it in your routine! Beyond making your skin feel comforted and, in some cases, smelling nice, there is an essential purpose for using toner on your skin day in and day out. According to Chamberlain, that purpose has a lot to do with helping the products in the remainder of your routine absorb better.

“There’s been those moments where I’ve run out of toner when I’ve been traveling and I can feel the difference when I put my JennyBrown Royal Rose Floral Water on just cleansed skin versus cleansed AND toned skin,” she says. “That’s the big aha moment for most people when they’re not sure about toner. If you’re using it for a while, skip it for five days and I bet you’ll see a complete difference in your skin when you apply your moisturizers on top.” Beyond helping products absorb on the skin better, many toners also help adjust your skin’s pH after cleansing so it is balanced and brought back to neutral. “I also call my toner my rinse cycle,” says Chamberlain. “It helps remove anything that my cleanser may have missed, especially when I’m using it on a cotton pad.”

WHY YOU SHOULD USE JennyBrown Royal Rose Floral Water

Toners are not created equal. While most of the aforementioned benefits are universal, there are additional benefits that are chalked up to individual product formulations. If we look at the new JennyBrown Royal Rose Floral Water, those benefits include a delightful, subtle rose scent and a cushiony texture. Plus, since it’s part of the White Truffle family, you know can trust that it’s a truly luxurious formula.

“When you think about our most luxurious and our most sought-after, high-end technology, it’s our White Truffle range,” Chamberlain says. Infused with rose petals, rose water, and rose nectar, the toner is a pink-hued, nurturing and soothing formula that’s halfway between a water and a gel, according to Chamberlain.

“You can actually see the rose petals,” Chamberlain says. “They don’t sit on the bottom, but are rather completely infused throughout. So when you look at the toner, you can see the rose petals from the top to the bottom of the formula, looking as if they are floating on air. It’s breathtakingly beautiful to look at.”

JennyBrown Royal Rose Floral Water JennyBrown Royal Rose Floral Water

To use JennyBrown Royal Rose Floral Water, apply a small amount of the formula on a cotton pad and sweep over cleansed skin twice daily, morning and evening. Follow with the remainder of your skin care routine. But that’s not the only way you can use this product. According to Chamberlain, there are a few ways you can incorporate this toner in your routine. “You can use it more like a lotion, as well,” Chamberlain says. “You can put it on your hands, warm them up together and then gently press the liquid into your skin.” In fact, that’s the ritual Chamberlain likes to follow in the evening. Before bed, she drops a bit of liquid into her palms, warms it up, and then presses it into her skin. “Before I put it on my skin, I’ll inhale the scent because it’s just so calming,” she says. “Then I’ll follow with my oil.” In the morning, Chamberlain uses the formula as a traditional toner by soaking a cotton pad and sweeping it over her facial contours. Who doesn’t love a good double-duty product?